Welcome to the Pettengill-Morron House

Pettengill-Morron House was built in 1868 for Moses Pettengill (1802-1883) in the Second Empire architectural style. A Colonial Revival porch and porte cochere were added in about 1900 giving the house a grand Victorian appearance. After the death of its last occupant Jean McLean Morron (1879-1966) the trustees of her estate gave the house and her family collection of mid-18th to mid-20th century furnishings, artwork, artifacts and textiles to the Peoria Historical Society. Operated today as a historic house museum, the collection also includes objects of former occupants including the Pettengill family. The house was listed on the U. S. National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

Read More
Shannon Halford